Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Helping a friend with a Gofundme page.





Hey guys, How have you been? I hope you all had a Happy Halloween. I hate to be a downer but I need to talk to you all about something important.  

If you follow me on Youtube or Twitter  Then you might have seen that I started a Gofundme page here recently. As I said in the video above, I started it for a very close friend of mine who needs help. My friend's name is Luna (AKA AkiAznGirl) and her husband has suffered a severe back injury, Although this hasn't crippled him and he is receiving treatment for it, it has prevented him from working full-time, and he has been unable to secure another job. As he was the sole breadwinner of the family, this has put a giant strain on their financial situation.  And now they are at risk of losing their house. Luna herself suffers multiple mental health issues such as PTSD (brought on by years of abuse as a child), Agoraphobia, and severe depression. Because of this, it is very difficult for her to interact with the world around her, let alone find and hold down a job. She's currently applying for Disability and other assistance but the approval process is taking forever and will not be of any immediate help to her and her family.
Worst of all, she has attempted suicide in the past and I'm afraid that if the situation continues as is then she may end up hurting herself (to say that least). Thankfully right now she's not in immediate danger, thanks to the efforts of her husband, myself, some close friends she has made online, and her therapist and the prescription medication said therapist provides, but they have lost their health insurance and cannot afford the help she needs for much longer. I nor any of her close friends can take her and her family in. We all live in different parts of the country (or even in other countries in some cases) and we can't afford to move her out of state. And if she loses her house then they will be forced to move back in with her parents, something that Luna has said that she would "Rather die" than do.

Dear Readers, you know I don't like begging for money, but this is a special case. Luna is like the little sister I never had. I want to help her in any way that I can. I feel this is the best way to do it right now. All of the money raised will go to her and be used to pay for the help she needs as well as their immediate expenses. I'm begging you to go to the page and help her. If you cannot donate, then please share the page on Social Media to help spread the word.

A more detailed account of the situation can be found on the page. Here is the link: https://www.gofundme.com/helping-a-dear-friend 

Thank you all so much in advanced. I'll see you all next week.        

No comments:

Post a Comment