Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Random musings: Burned out.

Current state of my novel....Just showing that yes, it does exist.  
All writers (indeed all artists) get this from time to time, myself included. Since finishing the first draft of my book, though. I feel like it's crushing me. I want to keep going, I want to revise the book and finally get it out there somehow, I want to keep making stuff up and writing it down. But I just haven't been feeling creative over the past couple of months. Even the nonsense story I posted on here a few weeks back was a slightly revised trunk story from my college days. I look at the 620 page manuscript sitting next to my computer and feel a sense of dread; I try to write something new and nothing comes out right, it all reads like third rate gibberish. Normally when I get in this state I would force my way through it, but that's just not working anymore. Probably wasn't the best thing to do in the first place now that I think about it.  I guess that I'm burned out. Maybe I need to get some distance from the project for a while and work on something else? I don't know. There's very little that's absolute about this sort of thing.  To be honest, that's actually one of things I find annoying about the craft, because it means that there is very little that I can actually turn to.

What do you all think?  Let me know down in the comments.
Thanks for reading =).

   

No comments:

Post a Comment