Monday, April 23, 2012

Doggy problems.

This will be one of the rare times I actually will talk about what's going on in my life on here.
I have three dogs in this house. Two are young mixed breeds, and the third and oldest, Jack, is a pure golden retriever...and he's in decline. We don't know what's wrong with him exactly. One of his eyes is swollen with Glaucoma or, worse, a tumor, and In all likelihood he has cancer in either his stomach or nether regions. The vet can't seem to figure it out either.
One of his legs has gone lame too, another thing we can't figure out the cause for.
The vet can't tell anything, that is anything definite, from the blood work he took. But what it comes down too is this....Jacks' not long for this world.
I can only hope I'm wrong.
Well I could go on with this downer but that would depress me as much as it would you. So I'll stop here. Next time I won't be so depressing.
See you guys later.

5 comments:

  1. I totally feel your pain. We've lost 4 dogs in the past 2 years. They were old (12-15) at the time of their death, so we thankfully got lots of time and love with each of them. The first one to go was my favorite, and she died from cancer at 12. I'm still angry that I missed out on her remaining years, but I've learned that railing against reality does no good.

    Best wishes for you and Jack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. And sorry to hear about your dogs too.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear. It's hard when they start declining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We finally put him to sleep the Saturday after I wrote this post. At least he's not in pain anymore.

    ReplyDelete